Although YouTube is a very sophisticated social media platform, it isn’t impervious to bugs and glitches. a YouTube glitch can happen regardless of the platform your device runs.
A glitch can be caused by many reasons and sometimes the source of the arrow does not lie with you but from the main server.
The best way to confirm that the source of the glitches from the main server is by clearing the cache.
Clearing the cache on YouTube involves a simple process. however, the process depends on the type of device and browser you are using.
If you are running YouTube on a personal computer, you will likely be using Google Chrome as your default browser because both the Chrome software and the YouTube platform are owned by the same parent company they should be optimal compatibility.
Simply follow the steps below to clear the youtube cache on the Chrome browser on PC.
- Launch your Chrome browser application
- Click the “more” icon. You can find this at the top right corner of your screen.
- from the options presented click on the ‘more tools” option.
- Select “Clear browsing data” from the list of options resenting.
- Specify a time frame from which you want to delete the cache. For best results, it is advisable to select “all time”. This will delete the entire cache of your Chrome browser.
- Tick the ‘cached images and files” box.
- Tick the “cookies and other sites data” box.
- Select “Clear data”.
- If you are using other browsers such as Firefox or Safari be sure to refer to the support website for further instructions.
On Android devices.
1. Launch the Google Chrome application.
- Launch the Google Chrome application.
- Tap the “more” icon. This is usually positioned at the top right corner of your screen.
- From the list presented, select “history”.
- Select the Clear browsing data option
- Specify the time range from which he wants to delete the cache. For best results, you are advised to select “all time”.
- Check the “cookies and site data box”
- Check the “cached image and files” box.
- Touch the “clear data” button to verify your choice.
- If you are using other browser applications on your Android device, be sure to visit the support website for further instructions.
On Apple devices such as iPhones and iPads
Once you clear your cache and cookies your browser might log out of your Google account. ensure that you have your recovery phone number and email address up to date before proceeding with the steps below.
- Launch the Chrome application on your device.
- Tap the “more” icon.
- Select “history” from the list of options.
- select “clear browsing data” from the list of history options
- Check “cookies and site data”
- Check “cached images and files”
- Confirm your choices by tapping the “Clear browsing data button”.
After you have deleted your YouTube cache and cookies, some site settings would be deleted as well, for instance, your sign-in will become invalid and you will be required to repeat the sign-in process. However, if you are signed into Chrome on an Android device or pc, you will stay signed in on Google’s website.